How to upload Siemens TIA v10.5 if I have just TIA 11 / TIA 12

lefarias

Hello guys!

Im new here, but I have been read this forum a long time.

I'd like to know, what can I do if I have TIA v.11 and TIA 12 but a PLC that I want get upload is TIA 10.5?

I'm o_O but I couldnt do it. My PLC is Siemens CPU 1214C dc/dc/dc

Thanks forward!

Regards
LFS

Your best shot:

1. Find any old project that is V10.5.
2. Open in V11, don't upgrade.
3. In accessible devices, find your PLC.
4. Select and copy all program blocks to your project-plc program blocks.

I'm not sure it will work, it depends on all the versions and all, but I think this is the best you can try.. Good luck :)

With TIA you can only upload with the same version that you downloaded with. We had a similar issue a year ago. Siemens offers a one month license for such cases. We were quoted 25 Euro.

Good luck,

Yosi

Do you have an application in 10.5?
Thank u

Download some old examples from Siemens site..
https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf/ww/en/posts/sample-program-field-simulation-for-pid-compact/52322/?page=0&pageSize=10

With TIA you can only upload with the same version that you downloaded with. We had a similar issue a year ago. Siemens offers a one month license for such cases. We were quoted 25 Euro.

Good luck,

Yosi

This is true but not true. You can upload and download with the same project version. But every version supports one version older. You can open a V12 project in V13 without upgrading and you will have V13 opened in "V12 mode". V12 can open V11, V11 can open V10 like that.

The thing is, it sometimes works perfectly, and sometimes not. I think (not sure) it is because of SPs that are not compatible. V12 emulates last SP of V11, so V11 SP2, so if you have a plc with V11 SP2 it will work, but if you have a V11 SP1, it will not.. This is a theory, all that I am sure is that it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't.

When it works, you can partially download, go online, everything like you have the version on the PLC :)

It is worth a shot. And if it doesn't work temporary licence you suggested is the way to go...

I'll try to do it.

About Version 10.5 it is impossible to get it?

Do you know if EKB works with it?

BR
LFS

Hi all,
I have s7-1200 without original project. I know that tia v11 was used for this cpu.

Now I can perform upload blocks, but what about hardware config? Somebody with experience how to upload hw?

Thanks

Hi all,
I have s7-1200 without original project. I know that tia v11 was used for this cpu.

Now I can perform upload blocks, but what about hardware config? Somebody with experience how to upload hw?

Thanks

If memory serves me, what you want to do is not possible. I think hardware configuration put to and including firmware 3 can not be unloaded.
There's a Siemens info page detailing all that if you do a search you should find it.