S7-tool/ProTool with RS-Linx services

seppoalanen

S7-tool/ProTool with RS-Linx services:

My 'empiric' test have given following results. When RS-Linx services running in PC, the Step7 v.5.3 and ProTool 6.0 sp2 don't work perfectly.

-'Edit symbol' from ladder tool don't work.
- In ProTool, locations of text don't work in screens.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Simatic Step7 and PC-RAM:

Step7 v.5.3/ProTool Project needs 1GBytes of RAM-memory even PageFile is how large ever or some process works very very slowly when plenty of Simatic-applications are open.

With 256MB ProTool downloading don't work, a lot of other errors appear.

With 512MB cracks even os. when 'everything' are open, among others HW-Config download.

Seppo

Last edited:
I'm running Step7 and ProTool Pro V6 on the same PC with 512 MB memory. I don't have any major speed problems under normal circumstances, but have decided to upgrade to 1GB because of continual MS error messages in ProTool Run-Time - although everything still seems to work, but it's a bit of a pain in the neck.

Open up an S7-Graph program and go online to observe, and the whole lot crashes in a couple of minutes.

Windows bonkhead

Do you still have problems when RSLinx is not running as a service?

I also use Step7 V5.3 and ProTool/Pro V6 + SP2, but I don't run RSLinx as a service. I don't have the problems you describe. Use Lauch Control Panel to disable services.