Micrologix 1400 IP address

RJ29

Hello everyone,
i have a micrologix 1400 PLC, i set its ip address using the LCD screen provided on it, but everytime i the PLC is power cycled it loses the ip address and i have to configure it again. I have disabled dhcp and bootp in channel configuration by going online but the problem still exists.

Is there a 1766-MM1 installed? if yes then you need to write the program to the MM1 or it will be set to the MM1 settings every time the cycle is powered

Hello everyone,
i have a micrologix 1400 PLC, i set its ip address using the LCD screen provided on it, but everytime i the PLC is power cycled it loses the ip address and i have to configure it again. I have disabled dhcp and bootp in channel configuration by going online but the problem still exists.

What IP address are you trying to set in the ML1400?
If your trying to use APIPA (Automatic Private IP Addressing) - address in the range of 169.254.xxx.xxx it will be looking for the presence of a DHCP server.

What IP address are you trying to set in the ML1400?
If your trying to use APIPA (Automatic Private IP Addressing) - address in the range of 169.254.xxx.xxx it will be looking for the presence of a DHCP server.

I'm not trying to set any private IP address , the address is 192.168.1.101