data logging in compactLogix L32E

Vaibhav Thite

Respected sir/madam

I have CompactLogix L32E And I want to data log into logic . is any module or card require to it.
request you guid me and if possible send me technote for this.

Regards,
Vaibhav

Your question is very vague. Are you looking to store data in a local array? Are you looking to store it on a server? Are you using a SCADA? How much data are we talking about? There's a major difference between "a few tags" and all of your sensors.

You shouldn't require a "card" on the PLC side, but you may need additional hardware to store/process the data depending on the quantity...

Hello Vaibhav Thite:

There is one expansion module for CompactLogix made by Softing that requires no PLC programming and can store values from CompactLogix tags which can be holding data from sources retrieved through any type of Rockwell I/O, whether local or remote. This card has SQL client capabilities and allows you to log data on an SQL server, and the configuration tool for this card is extremely flexible, allowing you the triggering of SQL request under different conditions. It does not come cheap though, but the cost of the card I believe is offset by the savings in engineering time. Below for your reference I copy the URL for the product. I hope this information is of value to you.

https://data-intelligence.softing.c.../rockwell-modules/eatm-tmanager-compactlogix/