Ethernet IP

cjh

I am doing implicit messaging with a 1769-L35E Compact Logix CPU to a Generic Ethernet device (a third party HMI). This works fine reading data and writing data when there is only 1 PLC and 1 generic Ethernet device.
The problem that I see is when I try to connect 2 PLCs to the same generic Ethernet device. Reading data from the device is no problem on either PLC, but writing data is a problem. One tends to over write the other. Is there not a way to control the writing or to possibly "offset" the writing so that I can write to one memory area with one PLC and to a different memory area with the other PLC?
I see three arrays get created when I add this device. One is Input data, one is Output data and the other is Configuration data (I think). My presumption is that there is some way to control this on the PLC through the configuration data but I have seen no way to do this.

Any ideas Ethernet IP gurus?