siemens touch panel TP170A

pravinplc

Dear friends,
I have SIEMENS Touch Panel TP170A which is connected to S7-200 PLC via PROFI-BUS. While installing new Touch screen, it is not getting connected to HOST PLC, Communication setings selected as DP/MPI. How to load programme in touch panel? Can anybody tell me please?

Hi Pravin,

You are reolading the TP170A or creating new project?
If you are replacing already programed then you should have backup copy of old program and you cna use prosave or protool.
If no transferr channel is activated in TP it is not possible to transfer in TP170A.
Go to ransfer mode in TP177A.

I think this will help.
Regrds

Make sure that it is set to the correct MPI address. You can set the MPI address through the Control Panel of the HMI when it boots up. The default is normally 1 but that isn't always the correct address.

Look at the serial number of the HMI on the back and see if it is a TP170 or TP177. They look identical except TP170 is programmed through Protool and the TP177 is programmed through WinCC Flex.

You can upgrade your protool project to a winCC Flex project through the software.

Check the connections of the cable between the PLC and the HMI.

:)

Hi,
I used wincc flexible to prog Tp177a three days before,in "Communication->Connection" has some options you should set if you use flex. and perhaps integrate Hmi to your PLC prog is another choice(I used TP177A + 313c2dp,hopes s7-200 project could integrate also!)

I'm also a new comer,hope this can help you !:)

thanks,

Dear friends,
Thanks for the reply. NOw I am getting startd to connect Siemens TP170A via PROTOOL.

srain said:
Hi,
I used wincc flexible to prog Tp177a three days before,in "Communication->Connection" has some options you should set if you use flex. and perhaps integrate Hmi to your PLC prog is another choice(I used TP177A + 313c2dp,hopes s7-200 project could integrate also!)

I'm also a new comer,hope this can help you !:)