Siemens S7 + wonderware network communication problem

ThePortLion

Hi Guys

I have a seimens s7 317-2DP (networked cp343-1) with 4 Wonderware
InTouch 7.1 nodes talking to it. This system runs our Powder Plant. The plc and 3 of the InTouch are in the powder plant and are routed into the same IT switch inside the plant. The remaining InTouch node is outside the plant in another site area routed to a different switch. One of the plant InTouch nodes is running Siemens S7 IO Server software (V7.5) and all
other nodes are pointed to this pc for communications.
About a week ago all InTouch nodes response times, all of a sudden, started to slow down dramatically. What i discovered was that if you started a motor or opened a valve from InTouch, the device would start/open pretty much instantly but the InTouch would not display the object as running/open for 20 seconds or so. Later in the week it continued to write values
to the plc but stopped reading completely at one stage.
I discovered that if i took the entire powder plant off the site network and had just the 3 InTouch nodes and the plc
connected on their own network that the problem disappeared.
So obviously something external to the plant is hammering the
plc or the IO server node. It isn't the 4th node outside the
plant as I've disconnected it from the network.
Anyways after narrowing it down to this, I'm stuck as to what to do next. Our IT guys have also hit a wall on this.
My question is, is there any way of querying the data communications on the IO Server and possibly track what is polling it?

Thanks in advance

there is problems when installed new CP6513 simatic net with win2000 pro. the new hardwere only can be installed with win2003 or higher any solution for win2000 drive

Guys thanks. I found a problem with plc to plc communications where there
was data being constantly sent to the powder plant plc (every scan cycle).
After rectifying this, communications to InTouch has improved greatly.
It seems that the cp343-1 was that busy receiving data it was struggling to send data back to IO Server pc. I think.....

Problem solved...I hope.
Thanks again.