Intouch indirect tags and alarm banners

bigbaddie

Is it possible to have an indirect tag screen (i.e. motor/pump/servo screen) with an alarm banner? Presently I have 4 pump screens that all display the same data on their respective pumps along with an alarm banner displaying any alarms associated with that devices alarm group (i.e. pump 1's alarm banner displays the alarms in alarm group pump1_alarms). Can I configure an alarm banner or group to behave as if it were an indirect alarm screen so to speak?

Is it possible to have an indirect tag screen (i.e. motor/pump/servo screen) with an alarm banner? Presently I have 4 pump screens that all display the same data on their respective pumps along with an alarm banner displaying any alarms associated with that devices alarm group (i.e. pump 1's alarm banner displays the alarms in alarm group pump1_alarms). Can I configure an alarm banner or group to behave as if it were an indirect alarm screen so to speak?

I don't have any InTouch software on this home computer to verify this, but I don't think that you can create an indirect tag for an Alarm Group. There are probably other ways though, to dynamically assign an alarm display to query a particular Alarm Group. I've never attempted it, but it could probably be done somehow with a Window Script that executes On Open.

Use Popup for all similar Pumps

I use a Popup screen for this. On the Pump list i assign a script which sets the indirect tags to the specific Pump tags. The script on the Pump is a touch, action like this for the alarm group...... PopUp_AlmGrp = "U27";

On the popup I put an AlarmViewerCtrl with a window script on the popup window like this....... #AlarmViewerCtrl15.SetQueryByName(PopUp_AlmGrp);

It is a little confusing I know. We got help from Tech Support on this years ago and have used it since.

Alarmviewctrl...that is an ActiveX thing correct? I havent branched into that portion of Wonderware yet but from what I understand there are some pretty powerful tools there.

So is the alarm popup you mention on the same screen as your pump or is it an called from the indirect pump screen?

If you would be willing to explain this is detail further I would be extremely grateful.

So I have been reading the wonderware alarm book and I have a good idea of what to do but I am still unclear on one thing. Under properties of the alarmviewctrl box on the indirect screen, what do I list as the query? As I understand it I will use the applyquery() method from a script. Do I just leave it as the defaulted $system tag? Im going to mess with it a bit but I would welcome your experience.

I got it.

For the engineer/operator that googles this in a year or five:

On your indirect tag screen add an ActiveX Alarmviewctrl banner. Read the Wonderware book on configuring it to your needs, its incredibly detailed compared to other industry manuals. Once you have it added, note the name of the new alarmviewctrl object and leave the query as the default $System group. Wherever you are passing/assigning your indirect tags add a line like this:

#AlarmViewerCtrl1.ApplyQuery ("\InTouch!System",1,999,"All", "Summary");

Again, read the alarm book to better understand and tailor the function to your needs. When you execute the script/action it will update the alarmviewctrl's query and its associated properties with the parameters you defined.

Thank you gentlemen for pointing me in the right direction, it was much appreciated. Likewise I hope this helps someone else in the future.

So I spoke to soon in some aspects of getting it to work...I got it to work on a development machine and when I imported the screen and updated the tags I now get a series of errors when trying to open the indirect tag screen with the activex alarmviewercontrol object, specifically this with some variations on the method call objects:

OLE Error 0x100E0202; Error processing 'indServoAlarms.ApplyQuery' on method call (add param str).
OLE object reference is not bound to an OLE object.

I did some searching and I am not sure what happened....All I did was take the working screen and import it into a copy of the development program to test it and these errors popup...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I spoke to soon in some aspects of getting it to work...I got it to work on a development machine and when I imported the screen and updated the tags I now get a series of errors when trying to open the indirect tag screen with the activex alarmviewercontrol object, specifically this with some variations on the method call objects:

OLE Error 0x100E0202; Error processing 'indServoAlarms.ApplyQuery' on method call (add param str).
OLE object reference is not bound to an OLE object.

I did some searching and I am not sure what happened....All I did was take the working screen and import it into a copy of the development program to test it and these errors popup...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you convert all of the tags when you imported the window? Even the ones in Window Scripts?

I did yes. I also tried exporting the application from the machine back to my development machine and I get those same errors...on the machine I developed the screen...no idea what the issue is.

I did yes. I also tried exporting the application from the machine back to my development machine and I get those same errors...on the machine I developed the screen...no idea what the issue is.

Sounds like your script has somehow become disassociated from your Active X alarm viewer object. If I had the software, I'd try to simulate it.