Help to translate LAD diagrams to FBD and STL

Automa8

I only have done LAD diagrams so far and now I got a task to convert these 4 LAD diagrams to FBD and STL. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks!
7bace9fc935c4400d5bdcf65478e70d4-full.jpg

You would first need to convince me that this isn't a homework problem, or otherwise for school.

If you give it a try, people on the forum may help guide you. If you just want someone to do it for you, probably not going to get lucky.

Considering you mentioned STL... are you by any chance using Siemens? If so, Step7 converts between Ladder and those two languages if required.

This being said, converting to FBD will be trivial as it will be a direct translation of the logic as you see it. Converting to STL will be a bit harder until you get the hang of grouping instructions.
Neither is rocket science... so you should be able to do it easily.

Part of B does not make a lot of sense, with or without tag names. If it's a homework, you should try, post your try, even if wrong and someone could give you advise.

This actually is a school task, but as ridiculous it seems, our teacher has not taught us nothing about FBD and STL. We have a lesson called "PLC controllers" where we program Siemens LOGO! controllers with LOGO! SOFT 6.0. So far we have only used LAD diagrams. Now the lessons ended, but if we want to get our marks, we have to complete the task above. And yeah, there are no tags on contacts like I0.0, I0.1.
Anyway I'd be happy if someone would do only one of these four or give me some reference from the internet about these conversions. And I checked that STEP7 by Siemens needs some license to use it. Is there any freeware software to convert LAD - FBD? I also have heard about software called CoDeSys. Please give me some advice on that.

I appreciate your effort!

Off the top of my head, LOGO doesn't use STL... so there's that. I only have version 8, does version 6 use STL? If not, perhaps it should be interesting to raise this with your school.

If you open the FBD editor, you can see that it is fairly straightforward to write logic... it takes getting used to, but it's possible to translate from Ladder fairly easily.

Step7 can be used for 21 days without a license, so it would work for you.
To convert between Ladder and the other languages press Ctrl+2 for STL and Ctrl+3 for FBD.

The result will look ok-ish in FBD... but really odd in STL.

Exercise B is interesting because you can't convert it in Step7... however, you can OR that contact with the value 1 to have the same effect.

At the end, this is a useless exercise and your professor should be fired or perhaps start teaching philosophy.

I just created an account on Siemens, but there are several versions of STEP7 like Graph, SCL, PLCSIM. Should I use the last one or what exact version? Can someone please share a link of the version I need? Just not so familiar with that stuff. As I said, we only used one software - LOGO! Soft Comfort 6.0.

Absolutely! The deadline is 29th of May. I got a message from Siemens that I must wait several days till they check if I am eligible to download STEP7.

I only have done LAD diagrams so far and now I got a task to convert these 4 LAD diagrams to FBD and STL. Can anyone help me with that?

As you are using Siemens logo to create the ladder, doesn't the Siemens Softcomfort convert it to FBD just by clicking the convert button.