group policy settings

bitmonkey

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys,
Thanks for being so awesome and helping poor struggling maintenance guys like me!
I am trying to install direct soft software on a company laptop, and I keep getting blocked "local group policy."
This is a small company so we do not have on-site IT guys. And the over-the-phone IT guy isn't much help. He set me up as Administrator on this laptop, but I still cannot install software because of local group policy.
I can get into the group policy editor, and I tried changing a few things, but still no joy. If anyone can help me out, I sure would appreciate it!

So it was a zip file. So I right clicked and selected "Extract All" chose a destination folder and once the files were extracted it let me run setup without the local group policy fault. Never seen that one before...