1769 OF2 and external voltage

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Capture.PNG

Morning all,

I am modulating two different item in this set up.

One will accept an external source 0-5. (Chnl1)

The other is an Eaton DE1 VFD which, I am reading, requires it's own source (0-10v) for modulated control.

Is there a way to get the 10 volt signal thru the analog module?

I have read the analog modules 1769-um002, the I/O modules specifications 1769-td006, and Publication 1769-IN049A-EN-P for reference

and found only this "Voltage outputs (Vout 0+ and Vout 1+) of the 1769-OF2 module are referenced to ANLG COM. Load resistance for a voltage output channel must be equal to or greater than 1K Ω ."

I "assume" this is the input for the Eaton 10v. Could anyone confirm please

PLC L33, module is 16th and fourth from the PA4

Thank you for your time and attention.

Last edited:
You assumption is correct. The resistance for the complete loop (including wire) needs to be above 1K. I am assuming this is because if it is less than 1K the current draw will be larger than the module can handle.

I would look up the impedance of the Eaton Drive. If you cant find it easily just put a DMM on the wires to the Eaton and see what you get for resistance. More than 1K you are good, less than 1K add a resistor to the loop to get it above 1K.

Hope this helps.