Script runs faster in runtime version of Wonderware InTouch

Thanks for testing, Bit. I actually have had the script running pretty reliably and consistently when I tested it, so I'm not sure why its inconsistent for you. I agree that something so precise should be done in the PLC but this is what my supervisors have requested. :/

Thanks for testing, Bit. I actually have had the script running pretty reliably and consistently when I tested it, so I'm not sure why its inconsistent for you. I agree that something so precise should be done in the PLC but this is what my supervisors have requested. :/

In my experience, that is too fast of a time frame for InTouch to keep up with (again single threaded process). You will always see variability between machines at that pace. I would suggest trying a slower interval and change your math accordingly. Think of it like a time slice (time interrupt, or periodic task) in a PLC, except InTouch will not interrupt itself to re-execute a script.

Again I agree with Bit here, a PLC would be much better to process something like this that is time sensitive/critical.

🍻

Hey guys - I found a solution!
Turns out the reason that the script was acting weird was because I was doing calculations on the tag and sending it to the PLC at the same time. I tried using one tag name for computation and then copying that value onto another tag which I used to send over to the PLC. It works exactly how I want it to now.

Thanks for all your insights guys! Hope my question might help someone else in some way too!
(y)