Total Control Solution Touch Screen

Bernie, I found this thread and have a question. We have a Pro Face Quick panel Jr. II and we either need to get it to talk to a new AB SLC 5/05 (currently works with a 5/04 but want to upgrade) or upload the information to see what it's doing in order to create the screen with iFix to incorporate into our SCADA then do away with the Pro Face screen.

You say it can't read the currently running application but Raphael, right below your comment said it could. Explain please.

Also, what is the file extension for the file so I can search our database to see if someone happened to save it.

Dave
Not Bernie, but this is what I know: Using QuickDesigner, I've been told Proface is similar.
The file extension if available will likely be .prj.
The file can be loaded into a QuickPanel in such a way to include an uploadable or not at the developers descretion.
With a QP 2 the default was to include the upload option. The only way I know of telling is to try thr upload, you either get the project or an error saying it isn't there to upload.

thanks Russ and Sigmadelta. Now I just need to find someone in the Denver/Ft. Collins area that has the cable and software to try it. I've already spent more than we'd like on this panel.

You can buy a cable for under $50 and get demo software from GE that will give you 4 days to work on the recovery.
You can find links to both plus instructions by searching this site.

Had you searched this site as suggested you would find that you will need to contact GE or a GE PLC/PAC agent to get registered for a download trial version link.