Communicating Panel View 600 with PC

shashi616

I am using Panel view 600 to communicate with my PC its a complete VM system installed at NTPC. its in off state and its front panel doesn't glows and in the indication its fault indication is showing up. I tried to communicate with this via RS232 but in autoconfigure in RS linx it showed an error message as failed. I am kinda new in this. Kindly tell me whether my PV is damaged or their is some sort of communication issue?

Kindly tell me whether my PV is damaged or their is some sort of communication issue?
First, you need to determine that your VM is able to control the serial port. Just connect your computer to another one using a null-modem cable and launch the hyperterminal in both computers.

By the way, it would be helpful if you post a capture of the error you get from RSLinx.

sir its a Vibration monitoring system and I am using to communicate it with RS linx after that I would use it with panel Builder 32. And the Panel view doesn't glows when I turn it on.
It has 2 indication led at its rear side One is for communication and other one is for fault. Right after I turn it on both communication as well as fault indication lights up.
so now please guide me to get through this problem.

And the Panel view doesn't glows when I turn it on.

Does this mean you see nothing on the screen when it is booting up and after?

Is this a working unit? Does it have a program in it?

If so, it sounds like you need another one or get it repaired.

Can you tell us the complete catalog number of your PanelView?

it doesn't seems like its booting because as I charge it up its fault indication lights up and then it stays in that mode and the screen doesn't glows at all.
the catalogue no is 2711T6C10L1
Yeah the program is kinda inbuilt as it was ordered for vibration monitoring system from Allen Bradley.