Programming a spare Beckhoff CP6207 panel PC 5.7"

Transistor

We have a production unit and a spare unprogrammed panel.

Q1: Does anyone know if we can transfer the program from the running unit to the backup?
Q2: How?

Many thanks.

One precondition that has to be met before trying anything is that the source code was downloaded to the PLC (using specific command in TwinCAT) together with the compiled code.

1. Connect (establish route) to the Panel PC using programming PC (laptop, etc.).
2. In case of TwinCAT 2, you have to download the .tsm (TwinCAT System Manager -> File -> Open from target) and .pro (TwinCAT PLC Control -> File -> Open from PLC) files from the PLC. In case of TwinCAT 3 you just use option "Open Project From Target".
3. Connect to the spare Panel PC and download the files you acquired from running unit.

Last edited:
One precondition that has to be met before trying anything is that the source code was downloaded to the PLC (using specific command in TwinCAT) together with the compiled code.

1. Connect (establish route) to the Panel PC using programming PC (laptop, etc.).
2. In case of TwinCAT 2, you have to download the .tsm (TwinCAT System Manager -> File -> Open from target) and .pro (TwinCAT PLC Control -> File -> Open from PLC) files from the PLC. In case of TwinCAT 3 you just use option "Open Project From Target".
3. Connect to the spare Panel PC and download the files you acquired from running unit.

4. Online > Create Bootproject
5. Online > Sourcecode download