RSLinx and CNB/E Issue

dskohio

Forgive me if this question has been addressed before, but a search for CNB/E did not return any answers.

I have RSLINX Ver 2.50.00.02 (CPR7) installed and we have just recieved a new machine with the 1756-CNB/E 10.007 with firmware revision 10.7

I have a working controlnet network, but I cannot use RSLinx to browse the rest of the network through this module. I am connecting into the backplane via a ENBT/A and can see the CNB/E icon and view module properties, but it does not give me a plus sign to the right of the module to expand the controlnet network. If I enter another rack on the network with a CNB/D, and browse for the CNB/E, I can go through and see everything in the rack.

I have installed the CNB/E EDS file: 0001000C00070B00.eds which I downloaded from the AB/Rockwell site. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions?

I had the same issue a few months ago. Turned out I did not have the correct EDS files for the CNB/E. If you use the EDS Hardware Installation Tool, click on REMOVE, and wait for the list to populate and search for the 1756-CNB. You will then see which EDS files are registered, and hopefully will not find the CNB/E Ver # that you have. Then go back to the EDS file web page and download

Ian

Thanks everyone for the quick reply, especially Control_Conn for pointing out the revision problem. Control_Conn, your link is for the CNBR/E however.

Again thanks for the help, sometimes the easiest mistakes are the hardest to find.