Permanent magnet dc servo

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have 2 permanent magnet 4 phase dc servos driving a cut off knife each level
OEM propitiatory (Marquip) with their drives. I have one level not working motors will shake and hum before overheating. Their test on motor is with an LCR Meter to measure Inductive Capacitance on a 20mH scale and the motor phases should be between 14.13mH & 19.63mH. I have one phase on one motor at 7.48mH and the other motor has one phase at 2.34mH and one phase at 7.37mH
My question is what am I measuring and how does this affect it
I have an OEM tech coming in on weekend to look at system but was wondering if this could be my problem. Thanks

Sounds like a bad servo motor. One thing that you've got to watch out for is overheating the magnets in a PM servo. They lose their magnetism, overheat, and then burn the windings.

They should be connected in either delta or wye, so your impedance should be identical.