TwinCat3 Beckhoff "Add route to remote system failed ADS Error 1804 (0x70C)"

joburger

TwinCat3 Beckhoff "Add route to remote system failed ADS Error 1804 (0x70C)"

Hi everyone,

I have a problem connecting with a Beckhoff CX5120. Two months ago together with the help of an expert PLC programmer (I am a complete beginner) I set up the Beckhoff PLC to run a simple program. I managed to connect my laptop running TwinCat 3 to make modifications to the script and upload it to the PLC. However now, two months later, I am again trying to make some modifications to the program and although nothing has happened or changed in the past months it is not working anymore. When I first started with the PLC I remember I had some connection problems but I managed to solve them in the end and everything was working as it should.

However now when I try to connect to the PLC while the PLC computer is in Config mode it works, but as soon as I switch to Run mode the connection stops working. When I first start TwinCat with the PLC connected it shows the name (CX-2X61C0) of the PLC computer and everything seems in order. When I then Build the solution also there are no error messages. However if I then either press Activate Configuration or Restart TwinCat in Run Mode it does not give me any error messages but also it does not work and I cannot login. If I then select again the CX-2X61C0 from the dropdown menu it shows "CX-2X61C0 (ERROR)". Finally if I try to do Restore Connection it gives me the following error message: Add route to remote system failed ADS Error 1804 (0x70C). Furthermore the green/blue gear icon which is in the bottom corner turns red. At this moment I also cannot connect to the PLC computer anymore and I have to manually go on to the PLC computer (by connecting a screen and keyboard to the CX5120) and switch there from Run mode to Config mode. As soon as I switch back I can again see the PLC in TwinCat without an error.

I have been trying everything from creating a new project file to restarting multiple times but I cannot get it to work which is very frustrating because everything worked fine 2 months ago! If anyone has some ideas for solutions I would be very happy to hear them, thanks in advance!

Hello!
Have you tried to recreate (delete/add) the TwinCAT/AMS-routes? Delete them in both ends, and then create it on the PC/Developer machine-side.

I'm assuming that the TwinCAT status icon goes red on the PLC-side?
Also, to figure out why TwinCAT does this you can always look into the EventViewer. Right-click on TwinCAT status icon "Tools -> Event Viewer".

FYI, you don't physically need to connect to the PLC if you want to debug it. All Beckhoff PLCs (at least running win7/win10, which your CX5120 does) have remote desktop enabled by default.

Removing route:
https://infosys.beckhoff.com/englis...l/TcSysMgr_SystemNode_Subnodes_Routes.htm&id=
Add route:
https://infosys.beckhoff.com/englis...3_system/html/tcsysmgr_addroutedialog.htm&id=

Hello,
I am seeing "ads error 1796 (0x704)" during the routing of EK1100 with Twincat3.1.

Username: Administrator and password:1 has been entered but showing the above error code.

How can I solve the problem?

Hello,
I am seeing "ads error 1796 (0x704)" during the routing of EK1100 with Twincat3.1.

Username: Administrator and password:1 has been entered but showing the above error code.

How can I solve the problem?

You cannot create route between your PC and EK1100 since it's ethercat coupler, not the processor.

If you are trying to connect your computer directly to EK1100 you just have to choose "local" (your computer) as target device, scan your network and then activate your configuration.

I am attempting to get online with a new Windows 10 laptop to TwinCAT3 CX9020. When I add route dialog I can see connected nodes but when I select and add route with secure ADS unticked (+password) I get error "GetHostByName of 'T36' failed ADS Error 1804 (0x7-C): ADS ERROR not found (files, ...)". I know the node side and project itself is set up correctly as I can connect with another laptop and same project. But this is very inconvenient and I would love to get to the bottom of this. Thanks