PanelView and piloted list (Allen-Bradley)

Sarlacc

Hi,

I have problem with my panel view. This is my setup:
-Panel View 550
-SLC 5/03

I'm using Rslogix 500 v5.20 and Panelbuider32 v3.80 to make my programs.

I've about 30 screens in my PV and I'm using piloted control list selector in about 10 of them.But now, I have a problem. When I want to make a choice in my piloted list, errors occur. This is what appear first on the panel view screen when I go down or up with the arrows:

Minor Fault: 2003
A fault has occured. Error = 514 1
Press any key...

When I pressed a key, everything seem okay. But if I pressed again on one of the up/down arrow to go up/down in the same list, an other error occur:

A fault has occured. Error = 511 253
Press any key...

After this, I can't do anything with this control list. When I make a reset, the problem sometimes dissapear for some piloted list. But it's a random problem, I mean sometimes it's a piloted list in a screen who's working wrong, sometimes it's another list in an other screen. I made a lot of a test and it's weird . I'm not able to resolve it and I have to. Could you help me please?

Thank you!!!

I looked at the list of codes in the Panelview manual, as I am sure you did, and the only one that you are seeing that is listed is 2003, for which the manual gives a poor description.

panelview.gif

Huh; I couldn't find a definition for Fault 2003 except "yep, that's a fault".

The two Error numbers that follow the Fault indication are meaningful, though: they are the Object ID and the State of that object when the fault occurred.

The fact that your State seems to jump from 1 to 253 makes me think there's something wrong with the up/down selector that's making it jump way out of range.

Is this a Screen List selector, or an ordinary Piloted Control List selector ? I've heard of Screen List selectors getting crosswise with the controller-selected Screen and causing a fault.

Which firmware are you running in the PV550 ? It's probably V3 or later based on the text of the error, but it can't hurt to run the flash upgrade to the newest supported V4 firmware.

Hi Guys,
An old post I know but I got this same error on a Panelview 1000 today (catalogue number 2711-T10c9). Error was:
A fault has occurred. Error = 511 253
Press any key...

No recent programming changes had been made to the system. Rang Rockwell and they could provide no information on Error = 511 253

Considering this system has run for 10 years and no changes had been made recently I replaced the panelview which fixed the problem. Just an update on this issue in case anybody does experience a similar issue in the future.

Regards,
Donnacha