Real-Time tag data in email through RSLogix 5000

plc.ucd

I am trying to automatically send an email via RSLogix 5k. I have already set up my msg instructions to configure the mail server and created a string tag for the email body. My goal is to include real-time tag data in the email when it is generated. I have tested the message code, and I can send an email to myself. I am just curious how I would go about adding the tag data in the message.

So far I have:

To:$r$l From:[email protected]$r$l Subject: Subject is placed here $r$l The boiler temperature is <code for tag data>$r$l

Thanks so much in advance.

For those who are interested I figured this out. You use the RTOS/DTOS instructions to convert a REAL/DINT to string data type. Then you use the CONCAT instruction to combine the two strings.

I know this is a very old post but I was searching for this exact topic and it works great. I've been doing emails but couldn't figure out how to include live data. I was going to do it on my 1400 but it's not the B series. I was disappointed with the compactlogic for not being able but....it was just me all along.

Thank you for the information.