Codesys 2.3 Libraries - Creating Your Own

SilverShotBee

I have created my own standard libraries, but have run in to an issue I hadn't expected.

Inside my library file, I have imported other libraries, manufacturer libraries for the PLC I am using. Now, I thought that if I'd imported a library in to another library file, I'd only need to import that one library file to have access to the function blocks of all libraries inside the one loaded.

Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case and I simply get a ton of errors saying "Function [XXX] doesn't exist" (or something like that). If I import the libraries that are already imported in to the master library, all works fine.

Is there something I am doing wrong here, or is this just a limitation of Codesys / to stop license issues ect.

it is both a licese issue and you can notimport a compiled library.
see oscat.de for a very good load of functions.

Thanks, I thought it might be something along those lines. Shame though! I guess I'll just have to list the other libraries that are required in order for this one to function correctly.