analog signal & table searches

kthiel

K
What is a good source for explaining:

1) The use of the shift command (Siemens S7-200) in converting back and forth between integer (word) values and real (double word) values.

2) The use of tables and table find command (Siemens S7-200) in converting analog inputs into useful values with units (ie psi, temp, etc.). Why is this done instead of using floating point math to provide the conversion. I am in the process of converting some logic from the table find method into the floating point math conversion method and am looking for advantages and disadvantages I may not be aware of.

Similar Topics

Hello, I have a compact Logix plc and I have been task with configuring alarms into our SCADA when an Analog signal stops moving. The analog...
Replies
Views
I'm pretty new to PLC's, so forgive me if I use the wrong terminology and whatnot. We have an issue at work where we have a flow meter that is...
Replies
Views
I need assistance in the form of some example programs pertaining to analog read and write. Thanks in advance. Sangli
Replies
Views
Hello folks, Hope everyone is doing well. I am a beginner at working in analog signals with PLC Analog module: 1769-IF4 ( 4 analog inputs ) PLC...
Replies
Views
I need to change my program to increase a IP transducer by 0.5 psi every 5 seconds. I am making a automated pressure tester using a pump, IP...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom