PlantPAx Flow Control Valve Setup

zackscriven

Hi! I am programming a control system using Control Logix and we have standardized on the PlantPAx Library for graphics and control.

I have a Flow Control Valve that is going to be controlled with a PID loop.
The Flow signal will be the PID PV
The Valve Position will be the PID CV

What am I to do with the other Valve Signals I have? Fully opened, fully closed, ready, and fault?

I can't use the P_ValveC because the analog position control is used in the PID. Should I use a P_ValveHO?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Zack

Hi! I am programming a control system using Control Logix and we have standardized on the PlantPAx Library for graphics and control.

I have a Flow Control Valve that is going to be controlled with a PID loop.
The Flow signal will be the PID PV
The Valve Position will be the PID CV

What am I to do with the other Valve Signals I have? Fully opened, fully closed, ready, and fault?

I can't use the P_ValveC because the analog position control is used in the PID. Should I use a P_ValveHO?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Zack

You should be able to tie the P_PIDE.Out_CV to the P_ValveC.OSet_CV (or .PSet_CV) and then you can tie your LS into Inp_OpenLS/Inp_ClosedLS.

You valve position output ties to P_ValveC.Out_CV

P_ValveHO is for a hand operated binary valve.