B-scada now free

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
I just saw where b-scada is moving to a free software model and the end user just pays for support or Dev time. That's a pretty interesting move. I have looked at the software in the past And it seems pretty modern and nice. Anyone have first hand experience with it?

Yearly turnover of B-SCADA around USD1.5m.
The founder was the RSView Lead Developer until the early 2000's when he left to start B-SCADA. Does anyone know if RSView was any good before this guy left? my experience of it around 2005-2008 were not so positive.
Looks like they have been losing money the last couple of years (cause of, or effect of this change to professional services model?), and their stock price has fallen in the last three. Will this move turn them around? I think so, the product looks to have some good features, and with the accelerated uptake because it is free, hopefully they will have more people calling them for support/development. They also have a cloud offering, which would be a good transition for a lot of companies that have started with B-SCADA's free-as-in-beer version.
Would be worth taking it for a spin, but of course, taking something for a spin is never free, you have to invest time.

Anyone from this forum used B-SCADA?

Has anyone from this forum actually put to use B-SCADA?
Looks interesting on their website. They say its very easy to build application . Seen the intro video .
Just wondering if anyone can give first hand experience.