Why auto mode stopped working?

IdealDan

Hi
An automated Batch unit with both AUTO and MANUAL MODE, the AUTO Mode stopped working, now the unit works only in MANUAL Mode. What are possible causes of this problem please?

I think you need to step up and start doing things on your own. At least try. If you start spinning your wheels, then come and fire off questions. But you have been spoon fed a lot of information in your threads and I don't see that you are trying. In this case, what have you tried already? You are never going to learn anything in the manner at which you are currently doing things.

Sorry, don't get me wrong, I have idea of some things to check, This is like a research if you don't mind plc. I intend troubleshooting input/condition that moves the system into auto mode, also some basic electrical checks. I just needed added information people's experience. Remember you days of humble beginning Lo.

I'm not that old, but the manner at which new guys go about things and the way I did are very different. I would have been thumped if I started asking for help without trying at least something first.

Maybe someone else will be able to do your work for you.

How do you know that auto mode is not working? Is it as simple as a lamp on the control console labeled "Auto Mode" not lit? If so, make sure the bulb isn't burned out and the fuse protecting that circuit isn't blown. Then look at the PLC program and find the internal bit that is true in auto mode and figure what it needs to make it true.

I'm not that old, but the manner at which new guys go about things and the way I did are very different. I would have been thumped if I started asking for help without trying at least something first.

Maybe someone else will be able to do your work for you.
Well, if research has become an offence here. No problems

There is really no way for us to know why your batch system auto mode does not work. As with most systems to work in auto, preconditions usually have to be met. As for a batch system that could be many things like have a recipe available, have available ingredients, valves open/closed, scales loaded/unloaded, pumps available, the list goes on. You will have to look at your system online as Steve Bailey pointed out, find whatever indicates you are in auto and chase the conditions back from there.

There is really no way for us to know why your batch system auto mode does not work. As with most systems to work in auto, preconditions usually have to be met. As for a batch system that could be many things like have a recipe available, have available ingredients, valves open/closed, scales loaded/unloaded, pumps available, the list goes on. You will have to look at your system online as Steve Bailey pointed out, find whatever indicates you are in auto and chase the conditions back from there.
Thanks.
That's also my plan, I only felt I could get additional info. Thanks for your input Dear

Look on the electrical prints and find out what input the auto cycle is.
if prints are not available, look at the switch and trace the wire to the plc input.
go online with the program and search for that input.
look at each rung the contact is in and document it in case the auto cycle rung is not obvious.
then go back and look at each rung again and study what's going on.

regards,
james

It is always good to post the exact make and model of the plc. It i also good to state that this is not a school homework project unless it is, in which case it is ok to state that. If you have a copy of the program files, please zip and attach them also. With you providing this information, the forum members will be better able to assist you.