Micrologix 1200 analog I/O module error

taknevs

Hi all,
I have a PLC trainer with micrologix 1200 series A. It also has an analog 2 input/2 output module (1762 IF20F2).
I downloaded a simple program not using the IO module at all. When I try to go to Run mode, its giving me an error: Expanion I/O module generated an error (Major error S:6 = 189H)
The status bit S:1/13=1. I checked the I/O module connections with the PLC, it seems OK.
what do I do?
regards
Taknevs

ML1200 Analog Input/Output Module error XX89 after Installation!

After installing a 1762-IF2OF2 ML1200 Analog Input/Output Module the processor will fault!
The error status in the processor will be XX89h!
The description on the error will read "An expansion I/O module generated an error".
The suggested action is to look in the IOS (I/O System) function file!
The error status in the IOS file will be 401!
The description will read "Invalid input range selected".

The reason:
The 1762-IF2O2 module is shipped from the factory with the switch settings selected for current type input!
The software configuration default for the module is set for "0 to +10VDC"!

Suggested solution:
Change the configuration switch to reflect current type
or
Change the IO configuration for the module to reflect voltage and re-download to the processor.

AB Technote