citect scada OPC

I have only used OPC once with Citect. I normally use proprietary networks.

Which OPC server do you have?

The last one I worked with was BACnet - YUCK!!!

Sory for late reply..
I was trying to communicate citect with kepware and I'm using HC900 PLC. Somebody could help me on my problem?

thanks..

The instructions in driver help section of Citect are quite useful. You could use the quick client that came along with your kepware server to diagnose problems... I am pasting the section from citect driver help which helps you configure your hardware settings in citect.

To set up communications with a device, you should follow the basic steps given in the I/O Device setup procedure.
Complete the communications forms for the OPC server using the OPC protocol with the following specific information.
Boards Form
Refer to Using Proprietary Boards for more details on using a proprietary board.
For more information on completing the Boards Form see Boards Properties.
Board Type
You must enter OPC.
Address
CitectHMI/SCADA does not require an address for the OPC Client. The Address field is instead used to set the device scan rate on the OPC Server in milliseconds.
The value read from the OPC Server is typically taken from the OPC Server cache. The scan rate value is often used to indicate how often the OPC Server polls the device and updates its cache.
Enter 0 (zero) to use the default of 250ms. Enter any other value to use that value. Valid values range from eight character decimal 0 to 99999999. Up to six character hex values can be used, however, must be preceded with 0x.
NOTE: As CitectHMI/SCADA now supports unsolicited OPC requests, if you set the OPC Server to notify CitectHMI/SCADA of any changes to the value or quality of an OPC device item, you should also make sure that the OPC Server scan rate is short enough to provide CitectHMI/SCADA within an adequate time frame.
I/O Port
Leave this field blank .
Interrupt
Leave this field blank .
Special Options
The OPC Server machine name. (Do not enter this name using the traditional dash delimited style. Enter the machine name, for example Cit_Primary.
NOTE: The name entered here is the Windows machine name. For Windows NT and Windows 95 & 98 based OPC Servers, this may be obtained from the 'Identification' tab of the OPC Server machine's network properties.
For other OPC Server configurations, refer to the server's documentation.
If this field is left blank, the server name will be sought in the following manner:
n The in-process (DLL) server on the IO Server machine.
n The local (EXE) server on the IO Server machine.
n The remote server as entered in the IO Server machine's DCOM settings.
Ports Form
For more information on completing the Ports Form see Ports Properties.
The Ports form must be defined to provide the proper database associations, however, all parameter fields such as baud rate, data bits, etc., will be blank.
Port Number
The port number of the port .
Baud Rate
Leave this field blank .
Data Bits
Leave this field blank .
Stop Bits
Leave this field blank .
Parity
Leave this field blank .
Special Options
Leave this field blank .
I/O Devices Form
For more information on completing the I/O Devices Form see I/O Devices Properties.
I/O Device Address
The ProgID for the desired server. These usually take the form Vendor.Application (eg. Citect.OPC), and should be found in the documents accompanying the OPC Server.
I/O Device Protocol
You must enter OPC or OPC1. See OPC Devices - Arrays Support.
See Also:
OPC Devices - Overview
CitectSCADA Driver Help. Copyright © 2004. Citect Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.