Micrologix 1100 Web Browser

George Graziano

Lifetime Supporting Member
I would like to set up the 1100 to read a couple of registers from outside our plant. From my desk, I can see the 1100 in my browser. From home, I get Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. What would I enter in the web browser from home to see my work 1100? I would think, some how, I need to enter my work info. I have been looking at the manuals and doing a bunch of google searches, but no luck.
Thanks
George

George,

Short answer is, you need to have some sort of VPN connection to your work network from home. Once you have this, you can (firewalls etc. permitting) directly browse the ML1100 from your home PC's browser - just enter the PLC address directly into the address bar (eg. http://192.168.250.99).

We have several sites setup that we remotely monitor (a few of the HMI's have a VNC server built in and work nicely from within most browsers).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for responding. I was hoping there was away around that. I can see everything myself, I use LOGMEIN. But I was trying to give an outsider access to about 6 parameters. Right now they call the plant and hope someone will answer the phone.

George