ControlNet

Hello there guys!

Here's the thing:

4 Chassis ControlLogix 1756-A17 (1 for main chassis, the other 3 for remote I/O)
2 Controllers 1756-L72 (on the same main chassis)
4 ControlNet Modules 1756-CN2R (1 for each chassis)

Can I have access to every remote I/O directly in both controllers? And I mean every physical I/O point from each I/O module

Thanks

The way that multiple contrologic PLC works is that both PLC can see all inputs but only one PLC can control any one output card.

The way that multiple contrologic PLC works is that both PLC can see all inputs but only one PLC can control any one output card.

+1

Been there. Analog inputs and other smart IO need to be configured THE SAME WAY in BOTH ControlLogix. If the scaling is different in one analog card, one wins and the other loses communcation.

And smart cards, like Devicenet, Ethernet, Serial cards, Profibus ... are OWNED by one controller (write access) .. the other can only read.

Last edited: