Real VNC launched form RSView32

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,

I have an RSView 32 project that I want to add a button to launch Real VNC and remote into a Panelview. I added the Panelviewer IP address to Real VNC and the linkage to launch Real VNC. My question is, how do I set it to launch a particular server? There are 3 in the drop down menu. I know I need to make a registry change to bring the application to the front. Just not sure how to activate the proper VNC connection.

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

I set my RSView button with this.

AppStart "C:\Program Files\RealVNC\vncviewer.exe" "C:\Users\albops\AppData\Roaming\RealVNC\VNC Address Book\15-15-15-15.vnc"

This launches RealVNC and then the saved shortcut 15-15-15-15.vnc

You will likely need to edit the Registry to make the Client open in the front of RSView rather than behind it Instructions for that are located in this TechNote.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9041

Hope this helps someone.

Kraken Fan #69

It's rare to have someone come back and answer their own question for the benefit of future searches. Thank you for that!