OT: 1747-BA pricing

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
We had to buy one from another distributor to fix a problem at a distant site (old SLC 5/05 losing program) and it was over $200. I checked our local supplier price, not much better...

I understand the pu$h to newer hardware, but I also understand the meaning of the term highway robbery. If it wasn't a right now type of emergency, we would have bought one from Mark (could have bought a dozen for the same price).

Does anyone have any insight into why a simple lithium battery that was $48 a few weeks ago (and is still only $15.99 from a generic supplier) suddenly costs two hundred dollars?

I've been in that boat also.

CA the customer paid ~$175 and OR they paid ~ $200.

When I had the time I order from Mark and pick-up a couple extras based on the price.

Possibly in part due to the cost of Cobalt going up a ton over the last 18 months... but that's a HUGE jump in price. We can get those batteries for much less from our distributor here in MI.

Just bought a couple of 10" PV Plus from Mark, for the "old" price. Our price from AB was about 2.6k last year, went up to 5.2k this year.

Does anyone have any insight into why a simple lithium battery that was $48 a few weeks ago (and is still only $15.99 from a generic supplier) suddenly costs two hundred dollars?

Not that its a good reason but I think just because they can :cool:

Aabeck said:
I buy my batteries from BBM Battery.

Just checked, 1747-BA still $13.75

When you add the PLCTalk.net discount and free shipping mine are still cheaper :p