Profinet diagnostic, sfc 51??

Filip

Hi All!
I have a small problem with my PLC CPU 315-2 DP V2.0.
So I want to create diagnostic for Profinet but I'm not sure that i choosed good solution. I need information: number modul's which is disconnected(or has faults) on Profinet.
I made this for Profibus by using SFC51 and SSL-ID 292 and is ok. For Profinet also I used SFC51 and I tried SSL-ID 694 and 094 (index W#16#64)and it doesn't work.
My CPU 315-2 DP doesn't support profinet and I have external CP 343-1 Advanced V1.0 and I don't know that is possible to create diagnostic bu using SFC51 for Profinet.
I know that is possible to download FB126 for diagnostic Profinet and Profibus but this function is only for CPU with firmware over 2.5

Please, help me :)

Bump Up... I am working on Profibus diagnostics right now so this thread caught my eye. I don't have a solution for you but I'm interested in what you find.

I hope this helps.

I use OB86(RACK_FLT).
I "read and safe" into another DB these following Variables every time it is called.
#OB86_MDL_ADR-(Master adress)
#OB86_RKS_FLT
#OB86_FLT_ID-(Error Code)
#OB86_EV_CLASS-(Error Class

I use these variables to see which node has an Failure, and what kind of Failure it is.

EG:

L OB86_EV_CLASS
L B#16#38 //slave has reconnected
<>I
JC:A1
L OB86_RKS_FLT
L 9
R #slave_9_Err

BEC
A1 :nop 0

L OB86_EV_CLASS
L B#16#39 //slave has Not connected
<>I
JC:B1
L OB86_RKS_FLT
L 9
S #slave_9_Err

B1 :nop 0

Last edited:
OP asked about ProfiNet diag, i have no experience with it. But something you can do with OB:s.

On SSL-ID, what you try to read with 64hex? My book says 94hex is Rack/Station status information. 0696hex is status of all submodules of module via logical address of this module.

LestatZA, you should really look also on OB86_FLT_ID when looking at what fault called the OB.

Last edited:
PaulB: I have a functional example of using SFC51 for profibus if you need it

OP: I don't have any profinet experience, sorry :(

Last edited:
TurpoUrpo, I used 16#64 for index because Profinet line has index 100 (decimal). do you suggest that is wrong?? now i'm not able to test another value because now I'm at home ;)
LestatZA, I didn't use before OB86 so I don't have experince with this. Tommorow in office I will test your idea. I hope it'll work 🍺

and still I'm not sure that is possible to use SFC51 for diagnostic profinet I/O on external CP, or only it is possible for CPU with integral Profinet??

It was just hypothesis based on quick look at ssl-ids listed on book: automating with profinet.

Did you already look on error code, or does it not give one?

Last edited:
LestatZA, I didn't use before OB86 so I don't have experince with this. Tommorow in office I will test your idea. I hope it'll work 🍺

Filip: the OB86 way works, I use it in machines with only a few PN partners.
Their is also a finished FB (FB125 for Profibus and FB126 for Profinet)from siemens that I use for bigger systems.It also comes with an integrated wincc project.The only problem with FB125/6 is that it is a bit resource intensive.
Attached is a file that describes how the Wincc project functions.

LestatZA: I used OB86 for diagnostic Profinet, but something is wrong. When I put out ethernet kabel from PN modul I/O nothing happend(#OB86_EV_CLASS = 16#0 and #OB86_FLT_ID = 16#0) , but when I put out profibus cabel from the module on Profibus line I have this information (#OB86_EV_CLASS = 16#39 and #OB86_FLT_ID = 16#C4).
For test I transfer only like this:
L #OB86_EV_CLASS
T MB 200
L #OB86_FLT_ID
T MB 201

any idea what is wrong??

Hi Filip,

OB86 works also for Profinet I/O
Is the PN I/O configured in the hardware, and does it display in the online diagnoses as Ok before you pull the cable?
In the meantime you could try and call SFB54 in the interrup OB.

Info OB86:
The operating system of the CPU calls OB86 in the following situations:

· Failure of a central expansion unit (not with S7-300) is detected (both event entering and exiting state).
· The failure of a DP master system is detected (both event entering and exiting state).
· The failure of a station when using distributed I/O (PROFIBUS DP or PROFINET IO) is detected (both event entering and exiting state).
· You have disabled a station when using distributed I/O (PROFIBUS DP or PROFINET IO) with SFC 12 "D_ACT_DP" and the setting MODE=4.
· You have enabled a station when using distributed I/O (PROFIBUS DP or PROFINET IO) with SFC 12 "D_ACT_DP" and the setting MODE=3.
If OB86 has not been programmed, the CPU changes to the STOP mode when this type of error is detected.

You can disable or delay and re-enable OB86 using SFCs 39 to 42.

Last edited:
Hi Filip,

OB86 works also for Profinet I/O
Is the PN I/O configured in the hardware, and does it display in the online diagnoses as Ok before you pull the cable?

Yes, PN I/O is configured and i checked online diagnostic in HW and was ok. It means that was fault when i pult out cable...
but nothing happend in OB86(#OB86_EV_CLASS=0 and #OB86_FLT_ID=0)