Wago Modules

pogiako

:D Hello guys!

I have some questions to ask if any one can answer me please?

1.) I just want to ask if a defective WAGO MODULE can be repaired? How could I know that a module is defective without removing it in the circuit?
2.) In my present work, we always encountered an error in wago module where the red LED is blinking, in order to solve this error we always remove the +24vdc supply of the wago by removing the positive(+) wire.The question is, is it alright if I put a Normally close switch in the positive supply of the wago so that everytime we encountered this wago error we just press the switch to cut the supply? In that way, we can avoid disconnecting the positive wire.
I'm new in PLC, please correct me if I'm wrong in my questions.
Thank you in advanced.

pogiako ;)

I don't know a thing about these Wago modules, but I see no problem with adding a "reset" switch the way you described. It's actually a much better solution than diconnecting the wire each time! :cool:

In my opinion, this should only be a temporary fix until you figure out WHY it need to be reset all the time! :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

Mabuhay pare!!

We are using too the WAGO module, I also encountered the same problem.
The device net module (Bus coupler) I/O error LED always got fleckering (Not flashing w/ pause). The counter measure I have done was fixed firmly the WAGO modules into the din rails. Since i was did it (almost 2 weeks) I never get that error again.

Pare san ba ang company mo? Dito ko sa CIP 2 calamba laguna.

Mabuhay pare!!

We are using too the WAGO module, I also encountered the same problem.
The device net module (Bus coupler) I/O error LED always got fleckering (Not flashing w/ pause). The counter measure I have done was fixed firmly the WAGO modules into the din rails. Since i was did it (almost 2 weeks) I never get that error again.

Pare san ba ang company mo? Dito ko sa CIP 2 calamba City.

Salamat Pare :)

Just make sure to ground it very well, especially on the DIN bar.
It's basically the most important thing in installing the Wago
stuff.

Wago is a really good bus coupler but you must remember to use the end stops If you do not use the end stop on the right side and make sure that the CPU side is clipped you can have this type of intermiant problem

Check the revision on the fieldbus coupler. It turns out that the early revisions had an issue and they would just stop communicating and do the red light thing and the only way to get it working is to power it off. This may not be the issue if your getting a I/O fault, but it may be.... I just cant remember which light I used to get when it faulted. I was an erly user of this product and couldn't get them to fix it until rev 4 I think.

This is such an old post though its unlikely you'll even check back.