Redundant HMI Server FactoryTalk SE Issue

josh_d

Hi guys,

This one is becoming a major problem for me as Im off overseas in 4 days to implement the system, only one item remains, getting the HMI redundant servers to work properly.

Im using FactoryTalk SE version 5.0 running on Windows XP

Ok so these are the computers in the system (im currently using virtual machines to test it all)

HMI Server PC #1
Running a HMI Server and Alarm and Event Server

HMI Server PC #2
Running a HMI Server

Data Server PC
Running RSLinx Enterprise Data Server

Operator Client PC x 2
Running FactoryTalk SE Client only

I have the redundancy set up and it switches over to the standby properly. The replicate function works properly, it all seems to work quite happily...

UNTIL.....

When the "STANDBY" HMI server is in control, when it is 'active':
- I CAN NOT NAVIGATE BETWEEN PAGES
- I CAN NOT CALL POPUPS

The data is being recieved and sent to the PLC, I can start and stop things and 'close' popups that are already open but... the display page function doesnt work!

Seriously I spent 6 hours on the phone to rockwell support today to no avail, please guys any help is much appreciated, im starting to worry...!

Also, I would like to confirm with someone with redundant hmi experience....

The 'network directory location'... is the following correct?:

On the promary HMI server, the directory is "LOCALHOST"
On the secondary HMI server, data server and clients, the directory is the "PRIMARY HMI PC"

Have you checked the event viewer for any errors in the application, system, or FactoryTalk diagnostics logs on both primary and secondary machines? Also Rockwell typically recommends having a separate FactoryTalk Directory server because if your primary server goes down you would also have to switch to a local instance of the director on your secondary server.