RSLOGIX Re-installation

tutt

I have RSLOGIX installed on an windows NT server. Unfortunately, the installation CD has been damaged and i need to reinstall rslogix on another laptop for troubleshooting activities. Is there any way to copy the needful files from the NT PC to the laptop alongwith the activation file without having to buy the thing again or pay any extra money. I do not need the rslogix on the nt server anymore. Thanks

Just as Rick said, I don't think you can move the activation
without the original master disk.
The rest of the files can probably be moved with LapLink Pro,
if you can find them all. Some of them are in the Windows\System directory,I'm not sure where others might be. Most of them will be in a Rockwell directory and it's Sub-Directories. If you have the serial
number of the software, the local AB Rep. might help you.To find the serial number, Start up the RSLogix program on the server PC then look in the Help Box, About RSLogix.

I have mixed feelings about AB's copy protection

You can move the activation key easily enough by using the activation move utility on the programs menu. Just move the key onto a mapped network drive. After you install the program on your laptop, connect to the network and use the activation move utility on the laptop to move the key from the network onto your laptop.

Make sure that you write down the serial number from the about box before you move the activation so that you can type it in on the laptop installation.

As far as copying the program itself without using the installation program, I can't help you. If your company did purchase the software at one time, even if the support has expired, I do believe that you should be able to get another copy from AB via a phone call to your distributor.

If not, someone may be able to provide you with a copy of the software. I remember finding it on someone's internet site once. (I'd send it to you myself, but I think I would be pissing off too many people here if I did)

P.S. You are allowed by law to make a backup copy of all your media. This includes copying a Rockwell CD. It also includes copying the master disk using a binary imaging program, even though Rockwell has recently made this more difficult, though not impossible - HA! And yes, I would sell these if it wasn't against the law. There may be a loop whole here though. I think there is a company or two that offers to make backup copies for you. hmm.......