Micro800 upgrade from MicroSD card

KevinIowa

Has anyone tried upgrading an AB Micro800 PLC program from a MicroSD memory card? The Micro800 user manual says this is possible but provides very few details or examples to actually do it. I would like to send a MicroSD card to a customer and have him insert the card to upgrade the PLC. I'm not trying to upgrade the PLC firmware from AB, but instead my user application.

The user manual says you need to create a file called "ConfigMeFirst.txt" on the MicroSD card but provides very little information from there. Does anyone know exactly which files from CCW need to be copied to the MicroSD card? Is this a manual process of writing the ConfigMeFirst.txt file and copying the files or is there an AB utility to do this?

Thanks for the help!
Kevin

I have NOT used the microSD card to update an application! But, I have many times used a VPN connection to update applications, and this works very well.

If your customer has an IT person they probably could get that setup for you quickly, an once the VPN Tunnel has been created anytime you needed to debug, monitor, update program and even firmware you will have the means to do so.

Just another means to the end.

Thanks for the quick reply David. I have thought about using a VPN connection to update the PLC but unfortunately internet access is not available at the site. It seems as though it may be necessary to visit the site in person or figure out if the MicroSD option is possible. Has anybody used the MicroSD option for application updates?

Thanks,
Kevin