Studio 5000 Communication issue

Elijah58

Guys,
I am working on a RSlogix studio 5000 version 30 machine with a 1756-L83E ControlLogix 5580 Controller Rev. 30.011. What I have is an ethernet module slot 3 that seems to be correctly configured but my Zebra Printer Modules Are showing a comm fault, also there are several other modules on this network that are showing the same fault. I have tried about everything I can think of to find the problem with no luck at all. I can ping both printers and they are working correctly and configured properly. I just can't connect to them through Studio 5000. The error code is 16#0204 Connection Request Error: Connection request timed out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eli

Untitled.jpg

Does anything on that segment show up?

Di you try restarting your pc? might be a software issue.

What do the status lights show?
and is everything on one port or are you using both ports?

if using both ports are you sure the cabling on both is good?

has it ever worked?

and what is model # of printer?

Last edited:
Does anything on that segment show up?

Di you try restarting your pc? might be a software issue.

What do the status lights show?
and is everything on one port or are you using both ports?

has it ever worked?

and what is model # of printer?

Does anything on that segment show up? Yes

Di you try restarting your pc? might be a software issue. Yes

What do the status lights show? Flashing green
and is everything on one port or are you using both ports? One Port

has it ever worked? New Startup
and what is model # of printer? Zebra ZE500

Do you know the number of connections you are using?

you should be able to browse to the EN2TR page by entering it's address in a web browser

Last edited:
Could you link to the manual where you found info about the assembly insrance you are using? Is your plc code written already?

Last edited:
Zebra offered me to test a new beta ethernet/ip driver. I received the printer this week and the new firmware with EIP driver will be installed on september 6th, this way i will not use sockets but CIP communications.
I will let everyone here how this new driver work out.

Last edited: