RSView SE 3.20 CPR6 licenses

sapoleon

Hi all,
I'm new to RSView SE, I have to work with a plant that has a project in the above mentioned system, and I have to add a couple of screen and some tags.

I have a RSView license, but I can not open the project in my PC, it says:

Error creating HMI Server (0x80004002)

I installed RSView SE 4.00, and it does work with that license, but it's not good for me, because I have to make the screens and the tags for the plant with the 3.20 system.

The licence I have is [RSV.STUDIO]: RSview Studio.

Can anyone give me some inputs and knowledge in this mater?

Thanks

sapoleon said:
Hi all,

I have a RSView license, but I can not open the project in my PC, it says:

Error creating HMI Server (0x80004002)

I installed RSView SE 4.00, and it does work with that license, but it's not good for me, because I have to make the screens and the tags for the plant with the 3.20 system.

The licence I have is [RSV.STUDIO]: RSview Studio.

Can anyone give me some inputs and knowledge in this mater?

Thanks
Hi, Sapoleon:
if you version is 4.0 you have to decide if you convert the whole to this version or stay with 3.20.

Rsview is divided into two sections or licenses, one is for the server and is called rsview se server and the other one is called rsview studio they can be located on the same computer or in different ones, the latter the better.
They communicane with the world thru something that is called rslinx enterprise please do not be confused with rslinx classic they share the name but they are different. If you have the studio license your computer has to communicate with the computer where the server license is located if they are separated.
Any way you have to have both licenses otherwise it won´t work.

Rsview SE server licence is where your hmi projects are located and Rsview Studio is the computer where you design the displays that are located inside the SE server computer.
You didn´t mention if your system is standalone or distributed in either case you have to have another license that is called client license and this one lets you run your application.

problem finally solved!!

If someone get's into this kind of problem, the solution was more than simple... but unknown to everyone...

Just install and run your IIS services for windows.

After that, everything worked without any problem. I don't know why the installation of 3.2 don't alert if your IIS is not running.