Red Lion Crimson 3.0 flags

bfly23

Is it possible to change the status of a flag via email.

ie:

I have a FLAG (simple ON or OFF, deafult OFF)
[currently my flags status is changed from the web server,
the tag cause an alarm that sends an email to a group.]

my PTV has an email address
Can I send an email to the PTV that will turn the FLAG ON causing the email to be sent out?

Is it possible to change the status of a flag via email.

ie:

I have a FLAG (simple ON or OFF, deafult OFF)
[currently my flags status is changed from the web server,
the tag cause an alarm that sends an email to a group.]

my PTV has an email address
Can I send an email to the PTV that will turn the FLAG ON causing the email to be sent out?

Can you send a text message? I haven't tried it, but it looks like it could receive a text message and then use the On Message event to change the Flag. Based on the message you send you could probably turn the Flag On or Off.

It may be that the SMS requires a Cell Modem Option Card - maybe someone else can clarify this - I don't know.

JHarbin

I know that you can send text messages with a Cell Modem Option Card.
I don't really want to use one if I don't have to though.

I guess what I really need to know is if the PTV can receive and respond to an emails like it can a text message.
If it is possible, a little guidance would be appreciated.

JHarbin

I know that you can send text messages with a Cell Modem Option Card.
I don't really want to use one if I don't have to though.

I guess what I really need to know is if the PTV can receive and respond to an emails like it can a text message.
If it is possible, a little guidance would be appreciated.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can help you. I don't see a place to enter an email address on the PTV, but even if I did, there doesn't seem to be a function or event relating to receiving an email.