RSNetworx ControlNet Demo Version issue

Microbictomb

Does anyone have the demo version of this that they have used successfully?

My issue is the demo version states you can only use addresses of 1-4 total. I have the CNB module node set to 2 and a PanelView 1000 set to 3 and that's it. But whenever I try to go online it says "Mode changed to offline, you cannot attach to a network containing devices with invalid addresses for demo mode."

Now, I also have the demo version for DeviceNet which only allows 1-6 addresses. I've used all 6 and it works fine, adding a 7th and it gives the same error message.

I've tried using different panelviews and CNB modules and also tried different addressing like 1 and 2. Same results. I tried starting a new RSLogix 5000 program and only adding the CNB and Controller thinking maybe it was seeing the DeviceNet modules and causing an issue there but to no effect.

It's probably a stretch to ask but, anybody? o_O

Does anyone have the demo version of this that they have used successfully?

yes - it works OK ... I have a paid-up version of the full package - but sometimes I use the limited demo version so that my students can duplicate the experiments after they've gone back home ...

you're working on this project just for learning/demo purposes - right? ...

if so, try researching Clearkeeper ...

I'm just guessing here - but based on what you've posted so far, it sounds like you have a "used" component (a 1756-CNB ?) that has an existing network setup already stored in it ... using the Clearkeeper application should (repeat: should) be able to force the component back to its "out of the box" conditions - and allow you to proceed ...

I'm going by memory here: but I seem to remember another method to "clear out existing setups" - which made use of writing directly to the CNB's "Attributes" - and so on ... I think that I got that idea from searching the AB Knowledgebase ... it also worked for me ...

if none of this helps, you should post again - and tell us EVERYTHING that scrolls across the LED window on your CNB modules ... the more you tell us, the more detailed we can make our answers ...

good luck with your project ...

Last edited:
You are correct, teaching myself on PLC's on test benches I set up of a few different systems. This was one of the older issues I've just never been able to resolve and many people have just said you need to buy the full version so I let it go as the owner doesn't want to do that yet. They asked again the other day to see if I could get my panelview to communicate so we can use it with a robot I have set up on devicenet so I figured I'd ask again.

Thank you very much for the assistance. I've learned a lot on my own here having never worked with PLC's before and asked a few times if I could be sent to your class but they don't want to pony up so it's manuals and forums for me.

Have a great 4th!

so it's manuals and forums for me.

in my own personal opinion - "self-taught" is actually the best way to learn this type of material ... the biggest problem with that approach is that it takes so doggone LONG to get a good handle on things ...

what I actually charge for is to shorten the learning curve - from several years - down to just five days ...

you can accomplish just about anything - as long as you have the hardware, the software, and a LOT of time ... this forum is absolutely your best resource for what you're trying to do ... just keep plugging away at it ...

good luck with your project ...

Does anybody know if I can use the Demo Version to change an "Identity mismatch"?
The same model turck node with firmware 6.002 is not detectable and I cant get any more with the same firmware 5.003.

Also can anybody help with where I can down load RSNetworx ControlNet Demo Version issue?

Thanx, Jeff