Crimson 3.1

hst24sd

Does anyone have any suggestions for starting a project using crimson 3.1 on a red lion CR1007. It will communicate with an emerson A6500 control unit

Can you be a little more specific? What comm protocol are you going to be using? I have several projects in the field now using crimson3.1 on CR1000 and CR3000 machines.

I like to start with a Crimson 3.0 project first, since I have good luck getting its built in emulator to talk to most anything, I can test and develop most things fully before importing to 3.1 (which has no emulator).

Now if only they would let me drag and drop objects between the versions...

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

I have no experience with the Emerson AMS A6500 condition monitoring system, so I encourage anyone who does to chime in.

It looks like that system is fairly modern, and the A6500-CC communication cards support Modbus RTU, Modbus/TCP, and even have an embedded OPC UA server. So you've got your choice of communication methods.

Step One is figuring out what communication protocol you want to use, and Step Two is figuring out exactly what data you want to get from the device and write out a memory map in Modbus nomenclature.

Then configure the driver in Crimson 3.1 and do a sample project to read just a couple of registers, and build on that.