Connection of delta VFD with plc

m_faraz

needed little help with the connection of VFD and setting its parameters.

Delta series B VFD (3 phase, 2.2 kw) used to vary the speed of conveyor.

Control signal (Fw, RW, Ov, Analog signal (0-10v)from plc, inveter also give signal to plc when it is on)

I have connected these signal as follow.

Fw to the FWD terminal of VFd.
Rw to the REV terminal of vfd.
Ov to the DCM terminal (for sink mode)
Analog signal 0-10 v to the AVI.

24v to the RC (Relay common)
X which is giving input to plc connected to terminal RA (Relay output(N.O.).

IS it correct ? and what parameter needed to be set.

I'm not familiar with the Delta VFD line, but I suspect that they have more than one model. It would be helpful for those who are experts in this manufacturer's line if you included a size and specific modle number.

In general you can find wiring diagrams etc. in the manual. To really answer the question properly one would also need to see a diagram that shows the system on your side of the circuit. For example, are you providing dry contacts to FW etc., are you providing the 24 VDC to teh relay common, etc.

It often happens that you don't have access to the manual or don't understand it. In these cases I always go first to the person I purchased the VFD from, as part of what I pay for is the service to help clarify these items.

The same is true of setting parameters. More info would be needed, and the seller of the VFD should be offering you assistance.