CompactLogix Ethernet card status

gluca

Dear all,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to programmatically read the EtherNet Leds status (MS and NS) of the CPU embedded ethernet card, in order to diagnose the status of the Ethernet connection (e.g. for duplicate address detection or something like that).

I'm using a 1769-L35E CPU, but I think the same kind of diagnostics would apply to any Logix Ethernet card as well (e.g. 1756-ENBT)

I've always used the GSV instruction to read the LED status of CPUs and other modules, but I cannot find any help in the manuals on how to read the Ethernet card LEDs.

I've found a faceplate logic available on the Rockwell support website, but it's way too complicated to use (more than 20 routines) and it looks like it provides with all the diagnostics you could think of, except for the simple led indication that I would need.

Thanks in advance,
Luca

I think I can remember Ken Roach answering this in an earlier post on here. Do a search and I am sure you will find it.
Regards Alan Case

Last edited:
Thanks Alan,

I tried to search the forum and I'm still trying, concentrating my effort on Ken Roach's valuable posts.

I still haven't found what I'm looking for (sorry for the U2 citation) but I'll keep searching.

Thanks,
Luca

I was probably wrong, I just had the vague thought I had seen an answer to that question in an earlier post.
Regards Alan Case