small free work memory simatic s7

putiss

Hi all,
I'm solving problem with 1214C cpu and too small free work memory (about 4%]. Solution will be rewrite user program to smaller or change cpu.

But my question is - does anybody experience with small free work memory and consequencies?
This cpu sometimes lost plc-hmi communication and other io-devices, after power reset ok. Could be due to memory problem?o_O

Thanks in advance

The HMI communication should not be related to the available memory.

Low free memory can mean that you cannot load modified blocks. You may have to delete the old block before loading the new block. That in turn means that the CPU must be in stop, no program change when in run.

Similar Topics

...and I agree. Context: TIA Portal/HMI = KTP1200 (12" screen) In the attached redacted image, the values in the white boxes are entered by the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m new to programming and want to write a simple routine. Push start button, turns on sensor. 2 second delay before anymore logic read...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm wondering if PLCs are used for small-scale production. I've got four machines doing different things with textiles, and I'm exploring the...
Replies
Views
I am looking at an application where I will need to detect small hairline cracks in stamped metal parts. The sensing will need to be done in the...
Replies
Views
Anyone know what the little green triangle on SCREEN 3 means ? See picture Thanks
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom