Beckhoff Twincat 3 Event Internationalization

JustAnIntern

Good day whoever is reading this.

I am fairly new to PLC's in general and, as an Intern my assignment is to figure out how the new HMI framework in JS/HTML from Beckhoff works.
This also includes their Event system from the PLC, which has a lot of functionality in the HMI with regards to filtering and Confirmation.

The problem I encountered is that when I create my own EventClass with Events in the PLC, and I translate these into my desired language, I am then unable to get their translated values to show. I will always get the original strings or an empty string.

I tried getting the desired language string by using their function 'F_GetEventText()' and several of their other functions that have the desired effect. However these all return empty strings or the original string. Never the translation.

Some of my code I tried:

Code:
// option 1: returns an empty string
_BallufError.CreateEx(TC_Events.Kremer_Events.BallufError, TRUE, 0);
_BallufError.RequestEventText(19, _translatedString, SIZEOF(_translatedString));

// option 2: returns original text
F_GetEventText(19, _BallufError, _asyncResult);
IF NOT _asyncResult.bBusy AND NOT _asyncResult.bError THEN 
	_asyncResult.GetString(_eventSourceName, SIZEOF(_eventSourceName));
	_BallufError.ipArguments.Clear().AddString(_eventSourceName);
END_IF

Both of these do not work for me.

What am I doing wrong here? All help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings from the Netherlands.

you can make a translation list within TMC. you have to tell the system which translation is used. and you can edit an xml translation file.

Could you provide me with an example on how to tell the system what translation to use? I have created the translations in the TMC as shown in their documentation. I just can't find anywhere on how to activate a certain translation.

Yes I did, and from what I understand that is only for the display of text that is used in the HMI only. I already have this working with the new HMI framework. It works rather similar.
As shown here: https://infosys.beckhoff.com/englis...tc3_hmi_engineering/9007201924497675.html&id=

This however doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Alarms, as they come from the PLC side and are only displayed in the HMI (as far as I know). The strange thing though is that the date/time of the alarms, the time raised, in the HMI does change when I change the locale in the HMI.