Connect PLC to Barcode reader

hoejinkim

Hi

I am struggling to connect plc to barcode reader
I have DL205 including F2-CP128 module and barcode which is from Metrologic MS 9540.
F2-CP128 has a cable(RS-422 female connector, 6 pin network)
Bar code reader has RS-422 female connector too.

First question. There are two way to connect them
1. connect PLC to PC at first and connect PC to Bar code reader at last
2. connect PLC to Bar code reader directly and program in PC.

Second question.
What kind of additional cable do I need to connect bar code reader and PLC?
Do I need RS-232,.....?

Thank you and have a good day.

I am not familiar with the components you are using but you will be able to associate if their connection is the same. I have the same requirement as this 3 years ago. On my case I have used a mitsubishi PLC (RS-232), GOT (RS-232) & symbol barcode (RS-232). As per mitsubishi's guideline, I need to connect the barcode on GOT then make additional programming on PLC to run the barcode scanning. It worked. I hope I have been of help.