SLC 5/05 Ethernet and Redundant Configuration

Bitsnbites

B
Hi,

I would like to know that in a redundant SLC system using BSN modules and SLC 5/05 ethernet processors how will the be the IP addresses for each processor be allocated.

If both processors are sharing the same program file, shall they also have the same IP address in such configurations. If yes, then how wilI these IP effect during switchover.

If the IP addresses are different in each processor, how will it be known in a SCADA like RSView that which PLC is now primary and its IP is different.

regards,

actually iam using flex io's and through HSSL link i achieved processor redundancy. but my SCADA is not responding at all even my IP address for both processors is same.if i switch processor was switched from rem mode to run and again to rem mode, rslogix is getting into online. but my Rsview is not responding at all. i made redundancy by using BSN module.How to resolve the problem.

thank you