Find used EDS file in Studio 5000

spaderkung

Hi,

When installing new PC, how do I find what EDS file that is used for a device in an existing project. Without access to Studio 5000 on the original PC. Is there somewhere in the project stored the wanted link to a specific device EDS?

Think that only works for certain devices....or maybe it is just me doing it wrong...

I know that properties will tell you the EDS file, but it is not stored in the project, but on your PC.

I can see my EDS files under C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Rockwell (all 16247 of them.........!)

so I suppose if you gather these from an old PC, group them together on a USB stick and register the entire directory on the new PC, you will have the lot...

Thanks

@John
Done that actually but after I copied to the EDS folder. think I need to copy to another folder bc it is not possible to point to that folder for registering.

But even so.. is there actually NO way to find what EDS file you need given an offline project from somewhere?