Siemens TI555 job

janner_10

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have inherited a stinker of a job sadly.

Customer has a Siemens TI-555 CPU on a Uniloy Blow Molder.

I need to get online and interrogate some data to retro fit a servo drive for the swing arm.

We have the project so what are there any gotchas to going online?

Dip switch positions has Port 1 set up a programming port, what about cables?

Would a null modem via a usb / serial converter do the job?

I liked the TI505 series PLCs, quite straightforward.

First of all, is the software you have TISOFT (DOS) or 505 Workshop (Windows)?

Null modem cable should work, but the cable I've used is as follows (both ends DB9 Female):

2-3
3-2
5-5

Jumper pins 1, 4, 6 on each end
Jumper pins 7, 8 on each end

USB/serial would only work with 505 Workshop (obviously, because it wouldn't work in DOS).

I've never used 505 workshop software because TISoft 6.22 is available for free. It only works with serial port.

It will run in a DOS box on XP or earlier. I run it in a virtual machine on my Win7 host machine. But it is picky about the USB to serial converter I use. I had to get one that uses the FTDI chipset; nothing but issues with prolific chipset found in many USB to serial converters.

Also, I think TiSoft defaults to com1 but you may be able to edit a batch file to change this.

I use an A/B cable #1747-CP3.

Hello Janner

Since you mentioned that you already have the project from the customer then you have to determinate if it,s created with the dos based Tisoft software or with the windows based 505-workshop. If the project consists of only one file with the extension *.fss then workshop is the only option.
When the project consist of several files then it is probably Tisoft project.
See also the atached images.

A Tisoft project can also be imported into workshop.
Another option could be that the project is created with APT but with that software package I don,t have any experience.

Kind regards
Henny

workshop.jpg tisoftproject.jpg

Yes, It is quite easy to connect. No helper applications, just make sure Rslinx(if you have it) isnt trying to glom the serial port.