B&R Series 2005 odd problem

DWF

I have had an odd problem with several machines that have B&R series 2005 PLCs installed by the OEM.

The backplanes and cases become brittle and eventually, the whole PLC will come tumbling off of the DIN rail and the cases shatter into pieces.

The plastic becomes extremely brittle over time.

According to the OEM, this is a known problem concerning this line of PLCs and they are working to get replacement plastic cases and backplanes for my PLCs free of charge.

My question is, has anyone else had this problem, and if so, has B&R corrected this problem with the replacement parts?

I would assume there is a problem with the type of plastic or formulation of the plastic that caused this problem.

This is the second machine that the PLC has self destructed in. I am wondering if the replacement parts are any better of if I need to fabricate some sort of restraint system other than the DIN rail just in case this happens again in the future.